NEWS: Globe Salon vs the Coronavirus
POSTED 05/12/20 | UPDATED 04/13/21
GLOBE SALON | OPERATING PROTOCOLS
After 49 days of closure, the governor of Nevada announced that salons could reopen Saturday, May 9, 2020. After careful review of the mandates and suggestions issued by the State of Nevada, we developed a compliant and safe 11-page protocol & training document specific to our operations, and reopened both salons on May 12, 2020. We have been operating safely under protocol since that date.
For 20 years, Globe Salon has been a local business dedicated to elevating our profession in every way possible. This includes setting and maintaining the highest standards of hygiene, cleanliness, and disinfection in our salons. While not a complete list, some temporary operational changes that may be helpful to know are:
- the Nevada Governor has asked the public to wear face coverings in all public spaces, so please bring one with you (effective 06/26/20)
- our entire team must wear face coverings on the salon floor
- we are limiting our capacity to 50% of maximum
- please, no guests at your appointment, due to limited capacity & seating
- guests are seated at least 6′ apart unless a physical barrier is between them
- all services must be done by appointment
- our Hairdressers & Assistants have been Barbicide certified
- hand sanitizer & antibacterial hand soap is available for everyone
- we require each of our professionals to stay home if not feeling well
- we ask guests to reschedule their appointments if not feeling well
- as always, we also accept ApplePay, GooglePay, and Tap-To-Pay
SELF SCREENING: Our Team and our Guests are asked to self-screen before entering the salon:
- Have you been within 6 feet of a person with a lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 for at least 5 minutes, or had direct contact with their mucus or saliva, in the past 14 days?
- In the last 48 hours, have you developed two or more of the following symptoms?
• fever of 100.5 F (38 C) or above
• alternating chills and sweating
• persistent cough
• trouble breathing
• shortness of breath / severe wheezing
• chills / repeated shaking with chills
• muscle aches
• sore throat
• loss of smell or taste, or a change in taste
• nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
As always, the health and safety of our team and our guests is very important to us. Over the years, we have become friends with you, watched as your lives changed and grew, and been a part of many of your celebrations and successes. You have become part of our extended family as we built our business into one of the premier salons in the country. We look forward to riding this wave with you and emerging on the other side happy and healthy!
These changes are subject to updating. Some superceded posts have been deleted.