NEWS: Globe Salon vs the Coronavirus
POSTED 05/12/20 | UPDATED 06/15/21
GLOBE SALON | OPERATING PROTOCOLS
After 49 days of closure, the governor of Nevada announced that salons could reopen Saturday, May 9, 2020. After careful review of the mandates and suggestions issued by the State of Nevada, we developed a compliant 11-page protocol & training document specific to our operations, and reopened both salons on May 12, 2020. We have been operating safely under protocol since that date.
On May 1, 2021, the State of Nevada turned over most mitigation rules, except the face coverings and social distancing mandates, to individual counties. On May 13, 2021, the CDC updated its guidance to say that the “fully vaccinated” no longer need to wear face coverings or practice social distancing, while suggesting that individuals “not fully vaccinated” continue to do so. The State of Nevada responded by stating that its guidance has immediately updated to mirror that of the CDC. The Nevada Gaming Control Board, the state’s most powerful business regulator, then stated, “it is not practical to attempt to enforce a mask mandate tethered to an individual’s vaccination status,” thus effectively ending Nevada’s face covering and social distancing mandates as of May 13, 2021.
Effective June 15, 2021 at Globe Salon:
- guest face coverings are at the discretion of the guest; guests who wish to wear one must bring one with them to their appointment as we will not be providing them after our current stock is exhausted
- guests who want their stylist to wear a face covering, please let the Front Desk know
- our Hairdressers & Assistants have been Barbicide certified
- hand sanitizer & antibacterial hand soap is available for everyone
- we require each of our professionals to stay home if not feeling well
- we ask guests to reschedule their appointments if not feeling well (18-hours notice, please)
- as always, we also accept ApplePay, GooglePay, and Tap-To-Pay
Although social distancing requirements are no longer in effect, it might be helpful to note that Globe Salon’s styling chairs are about 5’ apart (on center) Downtown, and about 6’ apart (on center) Uptown. Also, due to limited seating, we ask that no guests accompany you to your appointment.
For 20 years, Globe Salon has been a local business dedicated to elevating our profession in every way possible. This includes setting and maintaining the highest standards of hygiene, cleanliness, and disinfection in our salons. Over the years, we have become friends with you, watched as your lives changed and grew, and been a part of many of your celebrations and successes. You have become part of our extended family as we built our business into one of the premier salons in the country. Thank you for your continued patronage and patience as we adapt to this changing situation.
These changes are subject to updating. Some superceded posts have been deleted.