NEWS: Globe Salon vs the Coronavirus
APRIL 01, 2020 | UPDATED 04/02/20
GLOBE SALON | MOST RECENT UPDATE
On April 01, 2020, the governor of Nevada extended the mandated closure of most businesses in the state, including ours, through April 30, 2020.
While we have been working to reschedule your appointments on a rolling basis, the new closure extensions and subsequent unknowns make this difficult. Our current plan is that we will wait until April 17, and on that day begin to actively contact our guests to move all appointments to new dates that fall on or after May 01. While we intend to be open extra days / extended hours upon reopening, we cannot plan for those days or hours just yet. This means two important things:
- If your existing appointment falls on or after May 01, it will remain unchanged for now.
- If you have an appointment scheduled before May 01 and would like to take immediate action in getting it rescheduled (rather than waiting for us to call), please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org — we receive those 24/7) or call your preferred location (and leave a voice mail) and we will happily assist you.
Please note that someone from senior management is in our salons on Tuesdays and Thursdays (at various times) to reschedule appointments, return voice messages, sell e-gift cards, arrange for product pick-up, and assist you in any way possible.
All of us at Globe Salon thank you deeply for your patronage, support, and patience as we work toward reopening as soon as we are permitted. Rest assured we are taking advantage of every opportunity to tap into resources that are being made available to us, and remain committed to reopening with our full team — and perhaps a few more! — as soon as we are permitted.
We know this isn’t easy for any of you. It isn’t easy for us. If you can and want to help, consider buying gift cards and products from us now, and importantly, we ask that you please stay healthy, wait for us to reopen, and rejoin our salon family once we do!
Please read previous updates below.
• • • • • • • • •
MARCH 20, 2020
GLOBE SALON | TEMPORARY CLOSURES
In response to the CDC’s and the President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America, both locations of Globe Salon are currently closed.
Federal guidelines currently suggest a 15-day period (through April 2) to help slow the spread of the virus, while the Nevada Governor’s office has mandated a 30-day closure (through April 17 at noon). As this situation evolves and changes, we are constantly reevaluating based on the latest information. For updates, please follow this blog, our social media channels, and our email subscription list (sign up by clicking here.)
If you have appointments scheduled with us during this period, we will be in touch to assist with rescheduling. As we anticipate high guest volume upon reopening, we may have extended operating hours at that time.
Our management team remains working though this closure, so if you would like to book future appointments, or if you run low on your Kerastase, Kevin Murphy, or Bumble + Bumble, or if you would like to buy electronic gift cards, please call either location (leave us a voice mail), or send an email to < email@example.com > and we will assist you. Our gift cards (sold over the phone) can be texted or emailed directly to you or the recipient. BONUS: Gift cards of $100 or more purchased during our closure earn a 15% discount on your services (up to the value of the gift card) when used within 1 year after our reopening date.
During our 20 years of elevating the salon experience, we have weathered extended closures before, emerging stronger than ever. Our salon team sends you our love and best wishes, and we look forward to taking great care of all you wonderful people as soon as possible.
• • • • • • • • •
MARCH 10, 2020
WHAT GLOBE SALON IS DOING IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS
For 20 years, Globe Salon has been a local business dedicated to elevating our profession in every way possible. This includes setting and maintaining the highest standards of hygiene, cleanliness, and disinfection in our salons. In response to the current situation, like many businesses, Globe Salon has taken the following steps:
DISINFECTION & SANITATION
- increased, detailed cleaning & disinfection of “high touch” areas
- proper stocking of antibacterial hand soap & paper towels for use by staff & guests
- having hand sanitizer available at the Front Desk (limited to supplier availability)
- use of a licensed & bonded cleaning service that employs proper, approved disinfectants
OUR TEAM, OUR GUESTS
- proper training of staff & posting of sanitation & hygiene reminders so that our team is part of the solution
- requiring our each of our professionals to stay home if not feeling well
- requiring guests to reschedule their appointments if not feeling well
- our styling chairs are fixed at nearly 6″ apart; we have also moved stylists so that at least one empty chair is between them, increasing that distance
- temporarily limiting our total salon occupancy to 10 (downtown) and 12 (uptown)
As always, the health and safety of our team and our guests is very important to us. Over the years, we have become friends with you, watched as your lives changed and grew, and been a part of many of your celebrations and successes. You have become part of our extended family as we built our business into one of the premier salons in the country. We look forward to riding this wave with you and emerging on the other side happy and healthy.